India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
Indonesians can now visit India easier with free-of-charge visas following an agreement by the two countries for improving people exchange and mobility.
“E-visas for India have been made free for Indonesian nationals in effect from June 18, 2018,” the Indian Embassy in Jakarta says on its website.
According to the official Indian e-visa website, indianvisaonline.gov.in, there are three subcategories in which foreigners — including Indonesians — can apply: e-tourist, e-business and e-medical.
“Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online a minimum of four days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days,” it says.
An e-visa is valid for 60 days with double entry for e-tourist and e-business visas, and triple entry for e-medical visas.
Visitors using e-visas can only enter India through 25 designated airports and five designated seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai and Chennai.
“However, the foreigner can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts in India,” the announcement says.
Previously, Indonesians had to pay US$48 for the e-visa. The citizens of all other ASEAN countries must pay $80, except Singaporeans, who pay $25. Myanmar citizens also enjoy free e-visas.
During his visit to Jakarta in May, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said his country would provide free 30-day visas to Indonesians.
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- Announcement of new Indian e-Visa Fee of Country/Territory Wise
- Requirments for Extension of Visa
- Travel Benefits By Ship
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Extension of eTourist Visa scheme to 37 more countries
- Indian government extends eTourist visa for 36 more countries
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India