India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
Visitors from 43 countries no longer have to queue up at local embassies, but can instead apply for their visas online and collect them at airports.
There were 6.58 visitors to India in 2012, far fewer than to Asian countries like Thailand and Malaysia.
Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma said the change would be a boost to the industry. In a statement he said the scheme was ''a dream come true for the entire tourism industry of India and is bound to positively impact the economy''. He also said that ''The government's objective is to boost tourism and this scheme's implementation will send out a clear message that India is serious about making travel to the country easy.''
India previously offered visas-on-arrival to visitors from only 12 countries. Most other foreigners had to wait several weeks before learning whether they would be allowed to enter India.
The new visa-on-arrival will be available at nine major airports in India.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's BJP government has pledged to boost tourism since his party won a landslide election victory earlier this year.
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Extension of eTourist Visa scheme to 37 more countries
- Indian government extends eTourist visa for 36 more countries
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India
HOW CAN WE HELP?
We are a commercial website. If you use our service to get an e-Visa, you will have to pay our service fee and an Indian Government Fee. We will give you advice and support to help you with your e-Visa applications. You will have your e-Visa updated frequently, and get a decision on your e-Visa from us. If you do not use our service, you can apply in person at the Indian embassy in your country or by using the official Indian Government website. The cost of this is lower, but you do not get a refund if your e-Visa application is rejected.
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE
- Safe, Fast, Reliable.
- Secure Online Payment.
- 3 Working Days Guarantee.
- No Hidden Fees and No Traps.
- Money Back Guarantee if declined.